Widget Recent Post No.

header ads

Tools to teach the alphabet letters


 7 Tools to teach the alphabet

Learning the alphabet is an important step in learning to read. Singing the ABCs and reading the primer is a great start, but there are also great teaching tools that I've used to teach my kids the alphabet. Today I'm sharing my favorite tools for teaching the alphabet. Also Read: Drawing For Kids

Here are 7 tools for teaching the alphabet.

1. Sandpaper textile letters

I like to use sandpaper letters to introduce young children to the alphabet. It's an easy way to show the letters. They can feel the maps and trace them with their fingers. Plus, they think they're funny! You can find them here.

2. Wikki Stix Alphabet Cards

Wiki Sticks are a great hands-on way to teach kids to spell. You can trace the letters of the alphabet with these flexible sticks, which you can use repeatedly. It's a great way to teach the right letter! See more here.



3. Leapfrog Liter Plant

It's a great DVD! Some mothers have even told me that this DVD taught their children all the alphabet letters. This beautiful 35-minute film teaches children the names of the alphabet letters and their sounds! My kids loved it. If you don't want to buy a DVD, it's also available on Netflix.



4. Letter making game

It's a great way to "build" the alphabet! They are also great fun to use on the light table!

 Find them here.

5. Alphabet Learning Poems

If you have read my blog, I created alphabet poems to learn how to write ABC! Each letter contains poems to learn how to write each letter. We put them in a 3-color binder inside the plastic sheets, and my kids trace the letters with a dry-erase marker. Learn more about the poems here.

6. Alpha Pop Learning Resources

It's a great tool for combining upper and lower case letters. Also great for working on fine motor skills as you stick the two popsicles together. Find them here.

7. Alphabet sound box

Children need to recognize letters and names. They must learn what says they create. To do this, you can create a simple alphabet sound box. See how I did it here. And if you don't want to do it yourself, you can find a pre-made one here on Amazon.

Here are my seven favorite tools for teaching the alphabet.

Post a Comment

0 Comments